Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Me, Mine, and Mouse

I've been wanting to come up with "nicknames," or whatever for our family (for my own sense of security and all that...) ever since I started this blog.

Mouse just came with that nickname, so she was an easy one.

For my husband and I, however, well, we just don't really have nicknames. Period. I don't really need one, since I write in first person all the time. But for him? I tried to think of things we like (dance, plays, music, books, movies, etc.), but nothing stuck. And seriously, I felt lame always saying "my husband" (Not that I don't like saying that he's my husband or anything, it just felt so silly and impersonal...or whatever). Then, the other day as I read a friend's blog in which she was writing about her husband, I thought, "well mine...." And then it hit me! He's Mine! All Mine!

So now when I'm sitting watching a play and someone next to me asks, "Who is that amazingly talented and handsome young man playing the lead?" I know how to answer:

Mine.

:) :) :) :) :)...

3 comments:

Britt said...

Hehehe! We are always proud to call our husbands "mine." Especially when they're doing something we're proud of!

Anonymous said...

Very cute :)

Heather said...

I love the alliteration :)