Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Much Ado 2

Labor Day Weekend:  A wedding and a funeral

The Happy Couple (and their nieces...)






We definitely enjoyed dancing at the reception.  The next day, as I was getting out this same dress for her to wear at church, Mouse exclaimed, "Pretty dress!  For dancing!"



So, the wedding was on Saturday.  Sunday we relaxed a bit, then on Monday we went to celebrate the life, love, and example of my dear Grandma Holmes.  She was an amazing woman, and I will always look up to her for what she did and who she was in her life.  The funeral was beautiful, filled to the brim with family, and then we had a fun "hamburger night" that night with everyone.  The interment was Tuesday morning, with a smaller gathering there at the cemetery.

What a strong spirit there was that whole weekend.  I love my Grandma and will miss seeing her and giving her hugs, but you know?  I feel her more closely around me now than I ever did before.  I will not miss her presence, because there is nothing to miss; she and Grandpa are here together with me.  I have never felt that so strongly before.  I hope I never forget it; what strength there is when you remember that your loved ones surround you to strengthen and encourage you.  I love you Grandma!  Congratulations on being with Grandpa again after such a long time apart (almost 40 years)!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a big weekend you all had! That purple dress is AMAZING!!! You look so great! And I LOVE what you wrote about how you felt in your last paragraph. BEAUTIFUL!