So, I haven't blogged for a couple months. We've had a wedding, Christmas, a new year, a birthday, and lots of just fun days (and not-so-fun days too)...and I've missed them all. Oops. It's not a huge deal, but I do like to keep this as a sort of family journal/album/scrapbook. I might try to catch up, but I might not.
I'm trying to re-set some priorities, having realized that too often I am caught up in all the messy details of life; in trying to control and worry about them, my stress level has been way too high. In an answer to prayer and my own soul crying out for some help, He sent a loving and inspired institute teacher who gave an amazing lesson today about being endowed with power through the Holy Ghost. She referenced a WONDERFUL talk by Elder David A. Bednar (Oct. 2010 General Conference), which both chastised (in a good way) and inspired me. I'm so grateful for living prophets and apostles who continually strengthen, encourage, and guide us!
May we all be more immersed in the Spirit, for it "'will whisper peace and joy to [our] souls, and it will take malice, hatred, envying, strife, and all evil from [our] hearts; and [our] whole desire will be to do good, bring forth righteousness, and build up the kingdom of God.'" (Joseph Smith, qtd. by Bednar)
I'm banking on that promise! :)
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment