It's the season we've all been waiting for anxiously, and finally, it's come. No, not spring. (But yes, I'm ultra excited for that too. No more heavy coats and scarves! No more ice to slip on! No more scraping my car in the morning!)
It's yard sale season! I've a list just waiting to be checked off. A high chair, a baby dresser, baby swings or jumpers or backpack carriers, or whatever. With the exception of a few things (carrier, possibly crib and stroller), I'm just not willing to pay full price for the brand new items on store shelves. Those prices can be outrageous! So, since I've already cased the local D.I. and other discount stores, it's time to go to the ultimate discount spot: peoples' basements and attics, now displayed prominently on front lawns throughout the city.
Wish me luck!
10 years ago

5 comments:
Have you tried looking at Kid to Kid? It's used items that you buy. Kind of like DI. We've found some good stuff there. There is one in your area west of the Walmart.
Good luck finding Yard Sale items. We ended up with some good stuff that way.
Oh, good luck!! Yard sales here are completely picked over within fifteen minutes, because there are people who do that for a job--hit all the yard sales and then re-sell the stuff.
Whoa, they resell them? Crazy. I know there are people around here who go nuts over yard sales (and by my post it sounds like I'm one of them, but I'm not).
I felt pretty lucky finding one last Saturday around 2 pm - they were piling stuff for D.I. and so practically gave me some things, but I expect to start earlier next Saturday...
Oh, and I did go into Kid to Kid once, but I hadn't really started looking yet. I should try them again. Good idea Heather!
good luck megan, and have fun while you do it! This little lady is coming soon and we are so excited! Also, no hurry, but start thinking of a baby shower list because I would love to throw you one before you go hog wild at yard sales and then get duplicates at the shower! :)
Post a Comment