Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mm-mm Good!



I love this season, when the leaves start celebrating, the air cools down to a comfortable level, and we get to harvest stuff like zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onions, tomatoes, pumpkins, tomatoes, and...oh yeah! More tomatoes! It's a good thing I like them so much. They are pretty versatile as well - adds great flavor to any other vegetable, and you can boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Wait a second. Maybe that's potatoes. Well, for all of you wondering, it works with tomatoes too. And today I did the best thing EVER with them: made yummy soup! Canned it to be exact, so this stuff will last for years - or it would if I didn't eat it so much. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

(that's supposed to be a fabulous picture of ripe juicy red tomatoes, but it wouldn't agree to my terms. I guess I'll have to go rework that picture contract again. Hmph. Greedy images.)






8 comments:

*MARY* said...

I love tomatoes, my favorite way to eat them is just cut them into large chunks and sprinkle a little sugar on top,so good.

Kiersten White said...

Sugar, wow! I like slices with salt.

Mmm mm.

Great, another thing to crave. What is it with food on blogs today.

I should go stare at Mary's slugs again to take away my appetite.

Megs said...

ooh, amen to both those. I like the cherry tomatoes with sugar (it reminds me of Taiwan!), but I love a good tomato sandwich with salt and a dash of pepper. Sometimes I put lettuce and cheese on it too... You know Mary, maybe you should start eating them with salt as a snail/slug protectant.

*MARY* said...

I had my first sugar tomato dish in China.
Come to think of it we are completely out of salt, highly suspicious.

Ashley said...

Holy cow Megan!!! Were have you been? I found your blog on Kiersten's. Did you husband go to our highschool? I recognize him. Anyway, it's good to see you!

Ashley said...

Oh, and homegrown tomatoes are the best!!!

Megs said...

Ashley! So good to hear from you! Wow, I guess I've been around, and just decided to join the REAL cyber world (aka, blogdom). To be honest I didn't really feel a reason to create one before I married, but that happened this summer, so I now I am out of excuses. :) Yes Jared went to our highschool, but he was two grades younger than us; big dancer and theater person...

Ashley said...

Congrats on getting married this summer!