Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekends are great!

I can't believe what a full weekend this has been, and I've been writing blogs about it in my head. Too bad they'll just never make it to the page; this one will have to do instead. I feel like posts are a lot like jokes - timing is everything, and once the chance passes, it's just tacky to bring it back to the forefront.

Anyway, my awesome weekend. So, we went out Friday night...to the circus! I was excited to go out with my hubby, despite being a little skeptical about the whole circus thing. But it was surprisingly fun! It was one of those entertainment programs where you can't help but react. (I mean, come on, 7 people riding motorcycles in a big metal ball that shouldn't really fit more than two at the same time - that's impressive!) And I did enjoy watching the elephants, horses, trapeze artists, and scantily-clad women...oh wait, that last one was what I didn't enjoy. (sigh) There always has to be something, eh?

And then I think Saturday topped it all: the General Relief Society Broadcast!!!!! :) It's always amazing how much enlightenment, revelation, guidance, and peace comes from listening to those who act as the Lord's mouthpieces here on earth, and to feel that confirmation of the truth as you listen. AWESOME. There's just no other word for it. And they always seem to say exactly what I need to hear at that time. Hooray for a God who knows and loves His children, no matter how many mistakes we make. :) If you missed it, don't cry. You can still go online to lds.org and listen to it there! (yes, this is me trying to get you to go to the website; hopefully you will find more helpful and uplifting things than just the broadcast...hehehe)

4 comments:

*MARY* said...

I've never been to the circus but I've seen them portrayed on television shows. My favorite was little house on the prairie where Laura dressed up as a clown and threw a bucket of water at Almonzo's (Manly's) date.
As for the RS broadcast, I just found out today that our ward had extra tickets that nobody wanted. But nobody tells me, the nursery lady, this kind of stuff. I would have loved to go.

Megs said...

I know. Sometimes the nursury feels like the outcast section - but then you look at those darling cracker-covered faces and can't help but thank God for your calling. usually. :) If it makes you feel any better, I promise to tell you that kind of stuff...

Kiersten White said...

I watched it Sunday instead of going to church. Heathen, I know! But it was very good, especially Elder Uchdorf's talk.

Sometimes I like to close my eyes when he's talking though, because he sounds just like Ahnold Schwarzenegger. Anyway--it was good.

Also, wait, you DIDN'T like the scantily clad women? How you've changed...it's like I don't even know you anymore!

Megs said...

I know, strange huh? I guess we do all change a bit through the years...

My favorite was also President Uchtdorf's talk. I love how precise with words he is - absolutely every word and every sentence has power and meaning; every one counts. I guess that comes in part with not speaking in his native tongue. I agree though, his accent is wonderful!