Friday, January 23, 2009

My love affair with food

I just finished a peanut butter, strawberry jam, and banana sandwich; this after only a half-hour of eating an apple.

And honestly, I'm having a hard time getting last night's amazing quesadilla out of my head (it had avacado, tomato, cheese (of course), lettuce, mayo, and pork and beans inside). YUM! I may just have to duplicate it for lunch today. At least one of them, I mean. There's usually 2 or 3, in addition to brunch, linner, dinner, supper, and of course snacks in between.

It really is getting out of hand. But I can't seem to stop it. Oh, delicious food, your vibrant colors and tasty insides sing sweet sonnets that fill me with happiness and comfort. Don't worry about that jealous bathroom scale; I'd much rather enjoy your wonderful flavors and nutrients. It's no contest. So come to me cereal, mashed potatoes, french fries, sandwiches, guacamole and chips, yoghurt, oranges, chicken, tuna, pickles, nuts, soup, cookies, and popcorn. I'll sing as I consume your sweet goodness.

*munch, munch, gulp, YUM! slurp, swallow, crunch...*

No comments: