We watched an excellent fireside last night given by Sister Elaine S. Dalton (General YW President). She had many great points, but one that stood out to me was being careful of the friends we have - choosing virtuous ones over virtual ones. I thought about blogging. You see, I'm quite addicted. And while I love you all, that's because I know most of you in real life and I'm so glad for it. I also think this blogging thing is great for keeping in touch.
But I shouldn't ignore real life. I spend enough time at home indoors as it is. And so I must publicly apologize to those things and people I ignore while blogging:
Vacuum - I know you get lonely there in the closet; I'm sorry. I promise to take you out more often.
Mop - Ditto with the vacuum apology. You're worth more than I give you credit for.
Mouse - I see your yawns and here your pleas for attention. I'm sorry. I'll be better about keeping you on a good schedule. (Granted, I do spend most of my time with you...)
Unfinished rock wall in the backyard - You've been looking so forlorn and in pieces out there. I promise to get you put together soon.
Flab - I won't ignore your presence (sp?) anymore; I will now work everyday to remove you. Ha!
Unfound friends - I will find you! And maybe we can go out to lunch sometime...
Anyone else I forgot - I will do my best not to forget you anymore. I'm sorry.
So, if you don't hear from me in a little while, it's because I'm turning over a new leaf. Maybe I'll find you under it! :)
10 years ago

3 comments:
Good for you : ) I'm sure your vacuum is THRILLED!!!
I'm always torn because part of my online presence is marketing. But I could definitely spend less time...speaking of which, I'm off : )
You go girl, I wish I had your intentions. Let me know how it goes for you. And the brain post, just wait 4 kids later I forget what I just forgot.
I'm so glad I found your blog!! I love to feel like I am catching up with you though the blogging world. Balancing life is an every day challenge.
Post a Comment