Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Here Today, Gone Today

A surprise tornado came through the area this morning. All that is left of our neighbor's house is a pile of roof shingles, old clothes and dumpy pillows, a broken bathtub, torn up carpet, drywall, cupboard pieces, and scrap metal. What a mess. Unbelievably though, it looks better than it did.


You see, this tornado came in the form of a huge backhoe and demolition crew.


In a matter of minutes, literally, the house was gone.

The city's been meaning to get rid of this eyesore for quite some time now and put in a parking lot with trees lining the fence. We and our pantry are grateful they decided to do it this year. Hopefully it means no more little mouse visitors. And maybe our spider and bug population will decrease too.






2 comments:

Dayna said...

When I first read the topic I was like "there was a tornado around here....where was I and why didn't I hear about it!" But then I continued on and realized what you meant! FUNNY YOU!

It was great to go to the gardens with you! We should do it soon!

Tiffany said...

Wow that's fast. I hope you get less of those pests. nothing's worse than mice, you feel so violated. As for bugs, I spray them every 3 months and I never have to worry about them. SO WORTH IT!