Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gifts of Love

My original idea for this post was an expression of my feelings and frustration over some changes and the normal (but sometimes painful) steps to progression of life. But then I read a letter written by my dad to my missionary brother (yay Aaron and the Tokyo Japan mission!). If anyone has anything to complain about, he does. But did he? No. Instead I read his wonderful letter full of thanksgiving and love, and I no longer want to complain. Instead, let me attempt to pass along that truly beautiful spirit to you.

I am so grateful for: a loving family continually supporting, feeding, serving, and being an example to me, including my new family of in-laws; a brother diligently serving the Lord and sharing his testimony every day; another brother preparing to serve next year and doing all he can to be righteous and fulfill his responsibilities (they are really all like that, actually); and another brother with his sweet and very forgiving girlfriend, and their happiness together; my incredible husband without whom I would be lost; living prophets and apostles; a personal relationship with my savior, Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven; marriage and eternal families; my unborn child; great friends who put up with me and whom I can always talk (or blog) to; extended family and their friendship and love; rain that falls and snow that turns everything white; purity; faith; love and charity; trees that give shade, and especially those that bring forth fruit (yum!); plentiful gardens of flowers, vegetables, and more fruit; :); humor; and so many other things.

I know the power of love and faith, and the blessings that come from living those virtues. May you also find this knowledge today! :)

1 comment:

Kiersten White said...

We're thankful for you, too ; )