Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Nursery!

Ok, I took one overall picture, so you can get an idea of the whole thing together, and then a bunch of detail shots. You never know how it'll turn out and whether or not you'll like it when you are doing it for your own home - living with your own work and all that - but I'm quite pleased with the result. Hopefully you are too. If not, don't worry - it's my nursery, not yours. ;)
(Yes, that's Abe Lincoln's face on the wall. No I didn't paint that, it's just considered part of the "office" portion of the room, and I really don't know where else to hang it...)








9 comments:

Kiersten White said...

Meg, that's beautiful! How fun! And please, please take down the Abe Lincoln picture, ASAP! He he he...

Seriously though, it's perfect. I'm so excited for you!

Heather said...

That looks AWESOME! I love the part with the swallows (I think they are swallows-the birds) it's so peaceful. How many total hours do you think you spent painting?

Unknown said...

I guess Abe's o.k. as long as you can't see him from the crib. Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night to that?.....talk about nightmares!
He he he.....Mom (just using Taylor's account)

Ashley said...

It looks amazing! I'm very impressed!

Dayna said...

That looks great! I can't believe you painted that, way to go megan!

Also, did you get the announcements?

Megs said...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad it turned out. H-Duck, I probably spent about...well, honestly I forgot to keep track, but I would estimate about 15 hours or so. (I think the bunnies and the tree took the most time!) Dayna, yes I got them - so cute! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful, your mom lead me to your blog, I love your nursery it to so pretty, your are so talented. It was great to see you and Jared last night! much love

Lindsay

Megs said...

Lindsay! Yay, I'm glad you found us. :) I agree, it was lovely seeing you. Have fun in Cali!

heidikins said...

Oh goodness, that is absolutely beautiful!! I love the tree, absolutely love it!

xox