So, I just sat and did nothing for 3 hours, only talking to one parent for about 3 minutes of that time. Hm.
Yes, it's that lovely time again - parent-teacher conference. I actually really appreciate the idea. There are some parents I would love to talk to and find out where they are and what they are doing to help their child, because I'm just not seeing any effect of it in my classroom. But the hard truth is, those parents never come. And I even enjoy meeting the wonderfully supportive parents of those kids who have straight A's; it's nice to get to know the student better and to understand their care and investment into their child's education. But I didn't even see them tonight.
So, nice idea, but obviously something's not working here.
I'm just glad I'm only a part-time employee and could leave at six. Full-time faculty had to stay until nine...
10 years ago

3 comments:
When I first read it I thought you meant that you and that parent talked for three hours, not that you got to sit around for three hours and only one parent came during that time period to talk to you. Wow, I would have to agree with you that parent teacher conference just wasn't working here. Glad to hear you didn't have to stay until nine.
Yeah, no. I guess I wasn't too clear on that. I'm glad it wasn't that way - whew!
Yeah, I thought the same thing! That's boring, but definitely better.
Post a Comment