Friday, February 13, 2009

Changing your mind

You know that when an idea leaves you feeling ultimate sadness, you should immediately rethink that idea then throw it out the window.

For example, I just went to make a peanut butter sandwich and as I began to make it I thought, "and I'm not even going to put banana on it this time!" I paused, then slowly turned to look at the lone banana sitting there in the corner of the kitchen, a guilty and sad frown pasting itself on my face. I knew suddenly that idea was no good. Thus, there is now only half a banana sitting in the corner.

Or, to further illustrate my point, my husband began an hour-long drive last night to practice for a play. Only 2 minutes down the road, after kissing me good-bye for the evening, he found himself thinking of excuses to get out of it. Hm. 3 minutes later he walked back through the door and into my arms. Now wasn't that a great decision? I think so. I think he likes me. :)

No comments: