So, I guess iron is an important nutrient, especially when you are pregnant. I do ok getting enough for myself, but when there's two of us my body can't quite handle it on its own. At least, not staying with my regular diet intake.
I like getting iron from spinach, cereal and grains, broccoli, nuts and lentils, and sometimes chicken and fish. BUT, I don't eat red meat. I haven't in years. Not since ninth grade I think.
My CNM (certified-nurse midwife) called this morning to give me the results from my routine glucose screening. Good news, I don't have diabetes; bad news, I don't have very much iron either.
At least there's a good side: Hubby's taking me out for steak tonight. :)
10 years ago

4 comments:
Pump that iron, baby! I always craved red meat when I was pregnant, even though I don't eat much of it at all normally. Pretty much just In-N-Out ; )
Speaking of, come visit, I'll take you there!
Ooh, that sounds like a great idea! :) Maybe J and I will have spring break around the same time...we'll check the schedule. We both could use a road trip! :)
I felt the same way when I was pregnant! Good luck, and the great but sad thing is, the baby always gets the nutrients that they need, it is you that is getting the shaft! SAD!
Also, I have a bone to pick with you little lady! As I am scrolling down your blog reading your posts, you do not have any updated belly pictures of you! YOU BUM! I want to see my cousin have a belly for the first time in her life! Show off that tummy of yours girl!
Coming, coming...;)
Post a Comment