Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lavender-blue, Dilly Dilly


...or maybe Teal-blue? That's what color the nursery is going to be. Now, you might be thinking, "wait, aren't you guys having a girl?" Yes, it's true. But the nursery is not going to be just blue. If all goes as planned, eventually there will be a blooming tree (Japanese apricot), flowers, a few birds, etc. A spring-time room, perhaps. I haven't completely decided on all the details, but I figured I'd get the base paint on the walls and go from there. It sure beats the dijon mustard color that's there now! (yuck! Yeah, I'm not sure what the previous inhabitants were thinking either.)

4 comments:

Kiersten White said...

Oh, fun! We've never been able to paint or really decorate even. I always dreamed about having a beautiful nursery for my first baby. Instead we had a portacrib in our tiny, cinder-block walled room.

Ugh.

Next time I visit I'll have to come see it!

Ashley said...

Blue in a girls room is very in right now! Are you going to paint the tree yourself?

Heather said...

The tree sounds awesome! I hope you'll share pictures when you get it all done.

Megs said...

Kierst - I know we enjoy it, but in the end, the baby doesn't really care...:)

H-Duck - I will post pictures along the way, and especially when it is finished.

Ashley - yes, I'm doing all the painting myself, so I get what I pay for -! ;)